Kanchenjunga Lumba Sumba Trek
The exclusively wonderful Kanchenjunga Lumba Sumba Trek caters many unseen and unspoiled remote landscapes of Eastern Nepal along with the authentic culture of highland natives, which at places is very close to nomad-ism. Moreover you can experience a diverse magnificence suppressed with breathtaking natural & cultural heritages like rocky outcrops, chhortens, monasteries, alpine grass lands, varied temperate, sub-tropical jungle, low river valleys, ancient historical temples & many more.
This trek is initially treads the trails of Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek until Phale Gaun. Beyond Phale Gaun the trek crosses Nango-La Pass to Olangchung Gola and simultaneously goes over Lumba Sumba Pass to the village of Thudam, where the trekkers can observe authentic cultures of Tibetan Buddhists and Bhotiyas. The trail traverses through one of the least frequented trails of Eastern Nepal between two Himalayan giants – Mt. Kanchenjunga (8,586 m) and Mt. Makalu (8,463 m). It is a challenging trek where trekkers face extreme remoteness, high altitude and most importantly the fun of walking adventure.
Throughout the challenging trek, there are several rewards, pleasant walk through the beautiful woods of colorful rhododendrons, diverse species of birds, the close views of Himalayan peaks in Kanchenjunga and Makalu Himalayan Ranges. The great cultural encounters in the frequent traditional villages are rewards that would remain forever in the mind and soul of every trekker who has undertaken this spoiled and untouched trails of Eastern Nepal.
Fly Kathmandu - Bhadrapur,
Drive Bhadrapur - Taplejung,
Trek Taplejung - Mitlung,
Trek Mitlung - Chiruwa,
Trek Chiruwa - Lelep,
Trek Lelep - Iladanda,
Trek Iladanda - Selep Kharka,
Trek Selep Kharka - Olangjungola,
Trek Olangjungola - Langmale,
Trek Langmale - Pass Camp,
Trek Pass Camp - Yak Kharka,
Trek Yak Kharka - Thudam,
Trek Thudam - Yak Kharak,
Trek Yak Kharka - Chyamtan,
Trek Chyamtang - Hatiya,
Trek Hatiya - Gola,
Trek Gola - Hedanga Gadi,
Drive Hedanga Gadi - Tumlingtar,
Fly Tumlingtar - Kathmandu,
Free day in Kathmandu,
Fly Kathmandu – Bhadrapur, about 45 minutes of flight & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive Bhadrapur – Taplejung, about 6-7 hours by Bus or Jeep. We meet with our kitchen team & overnight stay in tent.
Trek Taplejung – Mitlung, about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [909 m]
Trek Mitlung – Chiruwa, about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [1,180 m]
Trek Chiruwa – Lelep, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [1,695 m]
Trek Lelep – Iladanda, about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [2,051 m]
Trek Iladanda – Selep Kharka, about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [2,525 m]
Trek Selep Kharka – Olangjungola, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [3,208 m]
Trek Olangjungola – Langmale, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [3,893 m]
Trek Langmale – Pass Camp, about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [4,700 m]
Trek Pass Camp – Yak Kharka via Lumba Sumba Col [5,177 m], about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [4,595 m]
Trek Yak Kharka – Thudam, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [3,571 m]
Trek Thudam – Yak Kharak, about 3-4 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [2,877 m]
Trek Yak Kharka – Chyamtan, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [2,229 m]
Trek Chyamtang – Hatiya, about 7-8 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [1,585 m]
Trek Hatiya – Gola, about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [1,128 m]
Trek Gola – Hedanga Gadi, about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in tent [1,175 m]
DriveHedanga Gadi – Tumlingtar, about 5-6 hours by bus & overnight stay in tent [405 m]
Fly Tumlingtar – Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel & overnight in hotel.
Free day in Kathmandu. Farewell dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tips for your Nepalese trekking crews.
Equipment List for Camping & Lodge Trekking
- Fleece & woolen hat (Winter hat to cover ears)
- Sun hat & sunglasses
- Lip balm & sun block with high UV protection
- Scarf to cover face (dust & wind)
- Wind fleece gloves & waterproof gloves
- A trail map & Guide book
- Camera & other reading books
- Trekking poles/walking sticks
- Playing cards (Optional)
- Loose comfortable trekking T-shirts & pants
- Long fleece T-shirt for sun protection
- Trousers, Waterproof jackets & pants
- Warm jacket (Down jacket)
- Raincoat/rain cover
- Under garments
- Warm woolen socks
- Warm comfortable trekking boots
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & scandals
- Gaiters (if snow)
- Sleeping bag – 15 degree
- Sleeping bag silk liner
- Pillow/sleeping pad
- Personal medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc. that you need to take
- Moleskin for blister
- Diamox for high altitude sickness
- Other related medicines for your journey
Toiletries & Personal Hygiene:
- Light towel & face cloth
- Toothbrush, paste & shavers
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Face & body moisturizer
- Small comb & nail clipper
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Biodegradable washing liquid/soap
- Feminine hygiene products
Personal Suppliers & Accessories:
- A comfortable day back pack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for your jacket, snacks, camera, belt etc.
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) maximum 15 kg per person (Preferred by porters)
- Camera with extra batteries or charger & memory card
- Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Watch with light & alarm
- Money belt
- Energy/protein bars
- Water bottle (minimum 2 liters of 2 bottle)
- Water purification tablets
Extras things to carry during your journey:
- Extra passport photos & photocopies of your passport
- Copies of your travel insurance paper & don’t forget to check your insurance policy number.
Equipment list for Mountaineering
- Set of Harness & Crampon
- Helmet, Ice-Axe & rope
- Descender, Jumar & Karabiner
- A comfortable day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters)
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) for your clothes & other accessories
- Warm sleeping bag – 30 degree
- Hard mattress, Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Mountaineering shoes, Woolen socks & Gutter
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & sandals
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof jacket, pants & trousers
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof gloves
- Warm pullover & under garments
- First-Aid-Kit for your personal medicines
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).