Kanchenjunga South Pang Pema Trek
Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trek South (Pang Pema Trek): Kanchenjunga (8,586 m) is the world’s third highest mountain located along the borders of tree countries: Tibet, Sikkim and Nepal. It has its own other four majestic peaks: namely Yalung Kang (8,505 m), Kanchenjunga Central (8,482 m), Kanchenjunga South (8,494 m) and Kangbachen (7,903 m). It is a new, long and challenging trekking in Nepal. The trail passes through different small villages, green terraced fields and farms and into the alpine region full of pristine oak, bamboo and also rhododendron forests. We will walk through the southern part of Kanchenjunga through the glacier to reach the Pang Pema which offers stunning views over 16 peaks in the Kanchenjunga Himalayan Ranges including Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Kanchenjunga.
The main purpose of this trek is to reach the southern base camp of Mt. Kanchenjunga and along the trail we will encounters beautiful mountains and wild animals.
Fly Kathmandu - Biratnagar,
Fly Biratnagar - Suketar and trek to Lali Kharka,
Trek Lali Kharka - Keswa,
Trek Keswa - Mamanke,
Mamanke - Yamphudin,
Trek Yamphudin - Lamite Jungle camp,
Trek Lamite Jungle camp - Torontan,
Trek Torontan - Tseram,
Trek Tseram - Ramche,
Trek Ramche - Mirgin-La,
Trek Mirgin-La - Ghunsa,
Trek Ghunsa - Khambachen,
Trek Khambachen - Lhonak,
Trek Lhonak - Pang Pema,
Acclimatization day in Pang Pema,
Trek Ghunsa - Kyapra,
Trek Kyapra - Sakathum,
Trek Sakathum - Chirwa,
Trek Chirwa - Phurumba,
Trek Phurumba - Taplejung - Suketar,
Fly Suketar - Biratnagar and fly back to Kathmandu,
Free day in Kathmandu,
Fly Kathmandu – Biratnagar. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel.
Fly Biratnagar – Suketar, about 40 minutes of flight. Trek to Lali Kharka & overnight stay in camp [2,220 m]
Trek Lali Kharka – Keswa [2,100 m/ 6,889 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Keswa – Mamanke [2,000 m/ 7,217 ft], about6-7 hours of trek& overnight stay in camp.
Trek Mamanke – Yamphudin [1,650m/ 5,413 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek& overnight stay in camp.
Trek Yamphudin – Lamite Jungle camp [2,920 m/ 9,580 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Lamite Jungle camp – Torontan [3,080 m/10,104 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Torontan – Tseram [3,750 m/12,303 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Tseram – Ramche [4,360 m/1,4304 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Explore around and overnight stay in camp.
Trek Ramche – Mirgin-La [4,663 m/1,5298 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Mirgin-La – Ghunsa [3,475 m/ 11,400 ft], about 5-6 hours of trek& overnight stay in camp.
Trek Ghunsa – Khambachen [4,040 m/13,254 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Khambachen – Lhonak [4,790 m/15,715 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Lhonak – Pang Pema [5,140 m/16,863 ft], about 7-8 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Explore around and overnight stay in camp.
Retreat trek – Ghunsa [3,475 m/11,400 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek overnight stay in camp.
Trek Ghunsa – Kyapra [2,300 m/7,545 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Kyapra – Sakathum [1,600 m/5,249 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Sakathum – Chirwa [1,180 m/3,871 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Chirwa – Phurumba [1,769 m/5,803 ft], about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Trek Phurumba – Taplejung – Suketar [2,300 m/7,545 ft], about 5-6 hours of trek & overnight stay in camp.
Fly Suketar – Biratnagar and afternoon fly back to Kathmandu.
Free day in Kathmandu: Farewell dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tips for your Nepalese trekking crews.
Equipment List for Camping & Lodge Trekking
- Fleece & woolen hat (Winter hat to cover ears)
- Sun hat & sunglasses
- Lip balm & sun block with high UV protection
- Scarf to cover face (dust & wind)
- Wind fleece gloves & waterproof gloves
- A trail map & Guide book
- Camera & other reading books
- Trekking poles/walking sticks
- Playing cards (Optional)
- Loose comfortable trekking T-shirts & pants
- Long fleece T-shirt for sun protection
- Trousers, Waterproof jackets & pants
- Warm jacket (Down jacket)
- Raincoat/rain cover
- Under garments
- Warm woolen socks
- Warm comfortable trekking boots
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & scandals
- Gaiters (if snow)
- Sleeping bag – 15 degree
- Sleeping bag silk liner
- Pillow/sleeping pad
- Personal medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc. that you need to take
- Moleskin for blister
- Diamox for high altitude sickness
- Other related medicines for your journey
Toiletries & Personal Hygiene:
- Light towel & face cloth
- Toothbrush, paste & shavers
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Face & body moisturizer
- Small comb & nail clipper
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Biodegradable washing liquid/soap
- Feminine hygiene products
Personal Suppliers & Accessories:
- A comfortable day back pack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for your jacket, snacks, camera, belt etc.
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) maximum 15 kg per person (Preferred by porters)
- Camera with extra batteries or charger & memory card
- Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Watch with light & alarm
- Money belt
- Energy/protein bars
- Water bottle (minimum 2 liters of 2 bottle)
- Water purification tablets
Extras things to carry during your journey:
- Extra passport photos & photocopies of your passport
- Copies of your travel insurance paper & don’t forget to check your insurance policy number.
Equipment list for Mountaineering
- Set of Harness & Crampon
- Helmet, Ice-Axe & rope
- Descender, Jumar & Karabiner
- A comfortable day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters)
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) for your clothes & other accessories
- Warm sleeping bag – 30 degree
- Hard mattress, Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Mountaineering shoes, Woolen socks & Gutter
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & sandals
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof jacket, pants & trousers
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof gloves
- Warm pullover & under garments
- First-Aid-Kit for your personal medicines
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).