Everest Base Camp Trek: Gokyo Peak
Everest Base Camp Trek: Gokyo Peak is one of the most famous but adventure trekking trail in the Everest region of Nepal. This trek connects the two beautiful treks of Everest – Gokyo valley and Everest Base Camp but we will take a side trip to reach Gokyo peak leaving the trail of Everest Base Camp. Gokyo valley is a hidden valley with gorgeous blue lakes in the lap of Himalaya with its own reputation among the adventurer. The entire area is blessed with abounding natural beauty of shimmering lakes with 360 degree panoramic views of four above 8,000 m massifs.
This trek features the unbelievable scenery of the remote Gokyo Valley and its festival of beautiful turquoise lakes, moonscape-like glaciers and stunning mountain vistas that include Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu – four of the eight highest peaks on earth! With a scenic flight to Lukla and we start our hike of Gokyo via Phakding, Namche Bazzar, Tengboche, Pheriche, Labuche, Dzonglha, Dragnak, Gokyo, Gokyo Ri. This final 3 hour hike to the summit of this black, rocky mound to witness the 360 degree Himalayan view offered from Gokyo Ridge is the best in the Khumbu region. Finally, we make out way back through Machermo followed by Namche Bazaar and Lukla with fly back to Kathmandu.
This ultimate challenge of Everest Base Camp Trek: Gokyo Peak across some high mountain passes at an elevation of 5,420 m is the opportunity to trek to the summit of both Gokyo Ri 5,340 m and Kala Patthar 5,554 m. This trek is great for anyone that may include beginners or even those who haven’t been baptized to the wild; but this trek requires one to be moderately, if not thoroughly fit then you can customized this trek and have a visit to Everest Base Camp and Kala Patthar.
Arrival in Kathmandu,
Sightseeing in Kathmandu,
Fly Kathmandu - Lukla,
Trek Phakding - Namche Bazzar,
Acclimatization at Namche Bazzar,
Trek Namche Bazzar - Tengboche,
Trek Tengboche - Pheriche,
Trek Pheriche - Labuche,
Trek Labuche - Dzonglha,
Trek Dzonglha - Dragnak,
Trek Dragnak - Gokyo,
Trek Gokyo - Gokyo Ri,
Trek Machermo - Namache Bazzar,
Trek Namche Bazzar - Lukla,
Fly Lukla - Kathmandu,
Departure for onward journey,
Arrival in Kathmandu, welcome at the airport. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel [1,300 m]
Sightseeing in Kathmandu: Sightseeing at Swyambhunath, Bouddhanath & Pashupatinath. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Fly Kathmandu – Lukla [2,820 m], about 45 minutes of flight. Trek to Phakding, about 3-4 hours of walk. Overnight stay in lodge [2,623 m]
Trek Phakding – Namche Bazzar [3,440 m], about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Namche Bazzar: Acclimatization day & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Namche Bazzar – Tengboche [3,860 m], about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Tengboche – Pheriche [4,252 m], about 6-7 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Pheriche – Labuche [4,970 m], about 5-6 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Labuche – Dzonglha [4,860 m], about 4-5 hours walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Dzonglha – Dragnak [4,600 m], about 8-9 hours walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Dragnak – Gokyo [4,760 m], about 3-4 hours walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Gokyo – Gokyo Ri [5,340 m] – Machermo [4,465 m], about 7-8 hours walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Machermo – Namache Bazzar [3,440 m], about 6-7 hours walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Namche Bazzar – Lukla & overnight stay in lodge [2,820 m]
Fly Lukla – Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Departure to Tribhuvan International Airport for onward journey.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
Equipment checklist for Teahouse/Lodge or Camping Trekking
- A kit bag (Carry luggage) in which porters can carry your belongings during the journey (Maximum 15kg/person)
- A day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for yourself Sleeping Bag ( – 15 degrees)
- Trekking Shoes type “GORE – TEX
- Water bottle, torch light with enough batteries, sunglasses, sun cream, chip stick sun hat, a woolen cap covering ears to protect from cold.
- Personal Medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc.
- Shoe lace, Slipper/Sandal
- Raincoat, Trekking poles
- Warm and windproof jacket, pullover, T- shirts (not cotton), trousers, socks (min. three pairs), gloves etc.
- Water bottle, camera, Batteries and Memory Cards.
Equipments for Mountaineering
- Harness set
- (7,8), karabiner
- Insurance (helping) rope
- Hard mattress
- High altitude sleeping bag ( – 30 o)
- Head lamp
- Coffloch (Mountaineering shoes)
- Direction compass
- Woolen socks
- Warm under garments
- Gore-tex water-proof Jacket
- Gore-tex water-proof trousers
- Water-proof gloves
- First-aid kit
- Ruck-sack (40 – 45 liters)
- Pocket knife (optional)
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper and hand sanities
- Camp towel (quick-drying)
- Books, cards and so on.
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).