API Himal Trek
Api Himal Trek is a non touristic trekking trail up the full day in remote landscapes and involves steep trails to overcome the passes. With an altitude of 7,132 meters Mt. Api is one of the highest mountain available in western region of Nepal. The real wilderness of nature can be experienced along this trail as this region is full of bird watching location. Beautiful mountain landscapes, cultural diversity, rapid rivers and pristine forests are the main attractions. Agriculture is the main occupation of the local people. There are many mixed local communities living in this region and along the trail you will also see various distinct cultures.
Api Himal lies between two Himalayan massif- Mt. Saipal (7,031 m) and Mt. Api (7,132 m) are standing on the border of Garhwal and Tibet. Our tour begins with your arrival in Kathmandu and a full day sightseeing of Kathmandu historical site. Then we have our scenic drive to Mahendranagar and then a drive to Gokuleshwor. Finally our trek begin with a hike to Karkale and then to Chiureni until we reach to the Base Camp located in the altitude of 4,000 meters. On this trail, we will experience real wilderness, amazing landscape, cultural diversity, furiously galloping snow fed rivers, pristine forest, wild flora and fauna. If you are lucky you might be able to see wild wolf that resides at the Himalayas.
Drive Kathmandu to Mahendranagar,
Drive Mahendranagar to Gokuleshwor,
Trek Gokuleshwor to Karkale,
Trek Karkale to Chiureni,
Trek Chiureni to Makarighat,
Trek Makarighat to Seti,
Trek Seti to Lawathi,
Trek Lawathi to Simar,
Trek Simar to Dhawaliwadar,
Trek Dhawalidwar to Base Camp,
Trek Base Camp to Saheb Bagar,
Trek Saheb Bagar to Makarighat,
Trek Makarighat to Bitule,
Trek Bitule to Gokuleshwor,
Drive Gokuleshwor to Mahendranagar,
Drive Mahendranagar to Kathmandu,
Free day in Kathmandu,
Drive Kathmandu to Mahendranagar by bus about 17-18 hours & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive Mahendranagar to Gokuleshwor by bus about 14-15 hours & overnight stay in tent.
Trek Gokuleshwor to Karkale, about 2-3 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [900 m]
Trek Karkale to Chiureni, about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [1,100 m]
Trek Chiureni to Makarighat, about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [1,800 m]
Trek Makarighat to Seti, about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [2,800 m]
Trek Seti to Lawathi, about 4-5 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [3,000 m]
Trek Lawathi to Simar, about 5-6 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [3,300 m]
Trek Simar to Dhawaliwadar, about 4-5 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [3,800 m]
Trek Dhawalidwar to Base Camp, about 2-3 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [4,000 m]
Trek Base Camp to Saheb Bagar, about 5-6 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [2,800 m]
Trek Saheb Bagar to Makarighat, about 6-7 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [1,800 m]
Trek Makarighat to Bitule, about 4-5 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [1,200 m]
Trek Bitule to Gokuleshwor, about 5-6 hours of trek & overnight stay in tent [850 m]
Drive Gokuleshwor to Mahendranagar by bus, about 14-15 hours & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive Mahendranagar to Kathmandu by bus about 17-18 hours & overnight stay in hotel.
Free day in Kathmandu. Farewell dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
- Tips for your Nepalese trekking crews.
Equipment List for Camping & Lodge Trekking
- Fleece & woolen hat (Winter hat to cover ears)
- Sun hat & sunglasses
- Lip balm & sun block with high UV protection
- Scarf to cover face (dust & wind)
- Wind fleece gloves & waterproof gloves
- A trail map & Guide book
- Camera & other reading books
- Trekking poles/walking sticks
- Playing cards (Optional)
- Loose comfortable trekking T-shirts & pants
- Long fleece T-shirt for sun protection
- Trousers, Waterproof jackets & pants
- Warm jacket (Down jacket)
- Raincoat/rain cover
- Under garments
- Warm woolen socks
- Warm comfortable trekking boots
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & scandals
- Gaiters (if snow)
- Sleeping bag – 15 degree
- Sleeping bag silk liner
- Pillow/sleeping pad
- Personal medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc. that you need to take
- Moleskin for blister
- Diamox for high altitude sickness
- Other related medicines for your journey
Toiletries & Personal Hygiene:
- Light towel & face cloth
- Toothbrush, paste & shavers
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Face & body moisturizer
- Small comb & nail clipper
- Toilet paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Biodegradable washing liquid/soap
- Feminine hygiene products
Personal Suppliers & Accessories:
- A comfortable day back pack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for your jacket, snacks, camera, belt etc.
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) maximum 15 kg per person (Preferred by porters)
- Camera with extra batteries or charger & memory card
- Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Watch with light & alarm
- Money belt
- Energy/protein bars
- Water bottle (minimum 2 liters of 2 bottle)
- Water purification tablets
Extras things to carry during your journey:
- Extra passport photos & photocopies of your passport
- Copies of your travel insurance paper & don’t forget to check your insurance policy number.
Equipment list for Mountaineering
- Set of Harness & Crampon
- Helmet, Ice-Axe & rope
- Descender, Jumar & Karabiner
- A comfortable day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters)
- A kit bag (Carry Luggage) for your clothes & other accessories
- Warm sleeping bag – 30 degree
- Hard mattress, Head lamp/torch with extra batteries
- Mountaineering shoes, Woolen socks & Gutter
- Warm comfortable camp shoes & sandals
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof jacket, pants & trousers
- Heavyweight warm windproof & waterproof gloves
- Warm pullover & under garments
- First-Aid-Kit for your personal medicines
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).