Langtang gosaikunda trek
With the combination of the remote and spectacular valley we want to take you to the 16 days Langtang Gosaikunda Trek in Nepal through astounding views of the majestic Himalayas like nowhere else found on Earth. Located at the north west of Kathmandu valley this trek is considered as one of the challenging trekking trails which offers us an incredible and diverse journey along the Langtang valley and the holy lake Gosaikundha. The high mountain holy lake such as Gosaikundha is populated by Sherpa and Tamang communities with its pure culture and religion and is believed to be the place where lord Shiva meditated for a several years and was able to acquire purity of soul.
This 16 days Langtang Gosaikunda trek via Sundarijal includes long, steep and descents climb in sub alpine dense forest with the view of majestic Himalayas. We begin our trek with your arrival and sightseeing of the Kathmandu Historical sites. Next day with a drive to Sundarijal, also known as Langtang Gosainkunda trekking starting point, we will commence to Chisappani 2194 m where we will have out first night out of all the facilities available around the cities area. A gradual increase in the altitude will take us to Thare-Pati, Gosaikunda Phedi, Gosaikunda pass 4,610 m, Laurebinayak, where you will experience Tibetan culture and Tibetan mountain views with amazing glaciers and monasteries. You will have a walk alongside the holy Gosaikunda Lake where you might encounter people taking dip in the lake wishing good will for their and their family soul. Finally we ascend downhill throung Langtang valley and towards Syabrubasi also known as new roadway to reach Tibet Border form Kathmandu. We make our way back to hotel where you will have a time to relax before your final departure.
If you are one of the nature seeker and mountain lover who seek to observe unique combination of amazing culture, landscape panoramic views in Nepal then this can be the best choice for your next visit in Nepal. If you have you own plan and want to make changes to our 16 days Langtang Gosaikundha trek feel free to tailor made a program with us..
Arrival in Kathmandu,
Drive Kathmandu – Sundarijal,
Trek Chisapani – Kutung Sang,
Trek Kutum Sang – Thare-Pati,
Trek Thare-Pati – Gosaikunda Phedi,
Trek Gosaikunda Phedi – Gosaikunda pass,
Trek Laurebinayak – Thulo Syabru Gaun,
Trek Thulo Syabru Gaun – Lama Hotel,
Trek Lama Hotel – Langtang,
Trek Langtang – Kanging Gompa,
Kanging Gompa – Lama Hotel,
Trek Lama Hotel – Syabru Besi,
Drive Syabru Besi – Kathmandu,
Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu: Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive Kathmandu – Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani [2,194m], about one an half-hour by bus, plus 4-5 hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Chisapani – Kutung Sang [2,435m], about 6-7 hours & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Kutum Sang – Thare-Pati [3,600m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Thare-Pati – Gosaikunda Phedi [4,200m], 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Gosaikunda Phedi – Gosaikunda pass [4,610m] – Laurebinayak [3,700m], about 6-7hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Laurebinayak – Thulo Syabru Gaun [2,050m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Thulo Syabru Gaun – Lama Hotel [2,500m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Lama Hotel – Langtang [3,514m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Langtang – Kanging Gompa [3,900m], about 3-4hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Kanging Gompa – Lama Hotel [2,500m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Trek Lama Hotel – Syabru Besi [1,460m], about 5-6hours of walk & O/N stay in lodge.
Drive Syabru Besi – Kathmandu, about 8-9 hours by bus and O/N stay in hotel.
Refreshment day in Kathmandu. Farewell dinner and O/N stay in hotel.
Departure to Tribhuvan International Airport for onward journey.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
Equipment checklist for Teahouse/Lodge or Camping Trekking
- A kit bag (Carry luggage) in which porters can carry your belongings during the journey (Maximum 15kg/person)
- A day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for yourself Sleeping Bag ( – 15 degrees)
- Trekking Shoes type “GORE – TEX
- Water bottle, torch light with enough batteries, sunglasses, sun cream, chip stick sun hat, a woolen cap covering ears to protect from cold.
- Personal Medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc.
- Shoe lace, Slipper/Sandal
- Raincoat, Trekking poles
- Warm and windproof jacket, pullover, T- shirts (not cotton), trousers, socks (min. three pairs), gloves etc.
- Water bottle, camera, Batteries and Memory Cards.
Equipments for Mountaineering
- Harness set
- (7,8), karabiner
- Insurance (helping) rope
- Hard mattress
- High altitude sleeping bag ( – 30 o)
- Head lamp
- Coffloch (Mountaineering shoes)
- Direction compass
- Woolen socks
- Warm under garments
- Gore-tex water-proof Jacket
- Gore-tex water-proof trousers
- Water-proof gloves
- First-aid kit
- Ruck-sack (40 – 45 liters)
- Pocket knife (optional)
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper and hand sanities
- Camp towel (quick-drying)
- Books, cards and so on.
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).