Mardi Himal Trek
Newly introduced trek to the hidden gems of Nepal “Mardi Himal Trek” is a fantastic opportunity to explore an off the beaten path in Annapurna Region. With fewer trekkers following this trail you will be awarded with an opportunity to get the most out of this unseen gem yet. While trekking on this route, leading to Mardi Himal base camp, starting from low camp and finally the high camp, we get to appreciate the solitary trails complete with rhododendron forests, culturally rich villages, valleys, terraced farms, dazzling rivers and the extraordinary views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) and Hiunchuli mountains. Mardi Himal base camp, Siding and Lwang villages are some of the major attraction of this trek.
Our journey begins with 1 hour drive from Pokhara to Kande and slowly making our way uphill sometime a bit steeper trail until we make our way to Australian Base Camp which is one of the best view point too. On our next day we will encounter the trail that goes through the jungle while making our way to the forest camp. The trail to Low camp and high camp is awarded with the spectacular views of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna south. Our final leap of the trek will let us reach to Mardi Himal Base Camp while making our way along the ridge. While on this trek we will have panoramic views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu ranges standing high in the sky. After that we trek downhill until we reach Landruk village and drive back to Pokhara.
Mardi Himal Trek is highly divers with cultural insight beautiful forest walk and alpine landscape. It is also considered as Himalayan panoramic destination with the spectacular views of Himalaya Mountain ranges. Furthermore you will have the benefit of small circuit up to the base camp of Mardi Himal so that we don’t have to backtrack over the same terrain while trekking with Himalayan Yatri.
Arrival in Kathmandu,
Sightseeing in Kathmandu,
Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara,
Trek Australian Base Camp to Forest Camp (Kokar),
Trek Forest Camp (Kokar) to Low Camp (Humal),
Trek Low Camp (Humal) to High Camp (Kew),
Explore High Camp to Upper View Point,
Trek High Camp to Forest Camp,
Trek Forest Camp (Kokar) to Landruk,
Drive Landruk to Pokhara,
Drive OR fly Pokhara to Kathmandu,
Free day in Kathmandu,
Departure for onward journey.,
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel [1,300 m]
Sightseeing in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel [1,300 m]
Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara [827 m], about 30 minutes of flight. Drive to Kande and trek to Australian Base Camp, about 2-3 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge [2,000 m]
Trek Australian Base Camp to Forest Camp (Kokar), about 5-6 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge [2,550 m]
Trek Forest Camp (Kokar) to Low Camp (Humal), about 4-5 hours of trek and overnight stays in lodge [3,000 m]
Trek Low Camp (Humal) to High Camp (Kew), about 4-5 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge [3,900 m]
Explore High Camp to Upper View Point 4,450 m and hike to High Camp 4,500 m, about 7-8 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek High Camp to Forest Camp, about 5-6 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge[2,550 m]
Trek Forest Camp (Kokar) to Landruk, about 5-6 hours of trek and overnight stays in lodge [1,560 m]
Drive Landruk to Pokhara by Jeep. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel [827 m]
Drive OR fly Pokhara to Kathmandu, about 7 – 8 hours of drive OR 30 minutes of flight. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel [1,300 m]
Free day in Kathmandu: Farewell dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Departure to Tribhuvan International Airport for onward journey.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
Equipment checklist for Teahouse/Lodge or Camping Trekking
- A kit bag (Carry luggage) in which porters can carry your belongings during the journey (Maximum 15kg/person)
- A day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for yourself Sleeping Bag ( – 15 degrees)
- Trekking Shoes type “GORE – TEX
- Water bottle, torch light with enough batteries, sunglasses, sun cream, chip stick sun hat, a woolen cap covering ears to protect from cold.
- Personal Medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc.
- Shoe lace, Slipper/Sandal
- Raincoat, Trekking poles
- Warm and windproof jacket, pullover, T- shirts (not cotton), trousers, socks (min. three pairs), gloves etc.
- Water bottle, camera, Batteries and Memory Cards.
Equipments for Mountaineering
- Harness set
- (7,8), karabiner
- Insurance (helping) rope
- Hard mattress
- High altitude sleeping bag ( – 30 o)
- Head lamp
- Coffloch (Mountaineering shoes)
- Direction compass
- Woolen socks
- Warm under garments
- Gore-tex water-proof Jacket
- Gore-tex water-proof trousers
- Water-proof gloves
- First-aid kit
- Ruck-sack (40 – 45 liters)
- Pocket knife (optional)
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper and hand sanities
- Camp towel (quick-drying)
- Books, cards and so on.
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).