Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek 16 Days in the ancient Kingdom of Lho is strangely endorsed with eroded landscape, located in the northern central part of the remote territory full of vibrant mosaic of earth colors. Situated at the top of the Kali Gandaki River bordering with Tibet this restricted region for the foreign trekkers demands heavy permit fee; however, each penny paid for Upper Mustang Trek guarantees its value. This location is bestowed with ecological diversities, delightful views of snowy peaks, colorful village, monasteries, and ancient palaces and is dominated by giants Annapurna and Dhaulagiri massif.
Upper Mustang Trek 16 days start with your arrival in Kathmandu along with a sightseeing tour of world heritage sites as listed in UNESCO. Your walking trek begins with a scenic flight to Pokhara and then to Jomsom. We start our walking adventure through Kagbeni on the dry terrain, followed by tsaile, Ghami, and to Lo-Manthang.On this trail we will take a walk through the world deepest George “Kali Gandaki River” and many passes to finally reach our restricted area of UpperMustang. You will also get the chance to explore ancient monasteries, caves that hold sacred value to the people of last forbidden kingdom of Tibetan Buddhism. Finally we take a downhill walk from Tsarang, Ghiling, Chisang, Muktinath, Jomsom and waiting for our flight to Pokhara. Enroute you will come across several narrow alleyways, long wall of prayer wheels and heads of domesticated animals grazing on this dry terrain.
Upper Mustang Trek 16 Days feature some of the most intriguing cultures and feast your eyes with the mythical colorful and arid landscapes at the foothills of Himalayan giants. You will also have wonderful panoramic views of great Himalayas like Annapurna, Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri and others peaks along with forests of pine, rhododendron, oaks and its wildlife, rivers, hills and picturesque landscapes are some other interesting charms of this Upper Mustang Trek.
Arrival in Kathmandu,
Sightseeing in Kathmandu,
Drive OR Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara,
Fly Pokhara to Jomsom,
Trek Kagbeni to Tsaile,
Trek Tsaile to Ghami,
Trek Ghami to Lo-Manthang,
Trek Lo-Manthang to Tsarang,
Trek Charang to Ghiling,
Trek Ghiling to Chusang,
Trek Chusang to Muktinath,
Trek Muktinath to Jomsom,
Fly Jomsom to Pokhara,
Drive OR Fly Pokhara to Kathmandu,
Arrival in Kathmandu, welcome at the airport and transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel [1,300m]
Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu: Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive OR Fly Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist bus, about 6-7 hours by bus OR 30 minutes of flight. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel [827m]
Fly Pokhara to Jomsom [2,710m] and trek to Kagbeni. [2,800m], about 2-3 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Kagbeni to Tsaile [3,000m], about 4-5 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Tsaile to Ghami [3,490m], about 5-6hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Ghami to Lo-Manthang [3,840m] via Ghar Gumba [3,920m], about 7-8 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Acclimatization day. Explore around surrounding and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Lo-Manthang to Tsarang [3,620m], about 4- 5 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Charang to Ghiling [3,570m], about4-5 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Ghiling to Chusang [2,980m], about4-5 hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Chusang to Muktinath [3,840m], about 5-6hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Muktinath to Jomsom [2,710m], about 4- 5hours of trek and overnight stay in lodge.
Fly Jomsom to Pokhara [827m], about 30 minutes of flight. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel.
Drive OR Fly Pokhara to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel and overnight stay in hotel.
Departure to Tribhuvan International Airport for onward journey.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
Equipment checklist for Teahouse/Lodge or Camping Trekking
- A kit bag (Carry luggage) in which porters can carry your belongings during the journey (Maximum 15kg/person)
- A day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for yourself Sleeping Bag ( – 15 degrees)
- Trekking Shoes type “GORE – TEX
- Water bottle, torch light with enough batteries, sunglasses, sun cream, chip stick sun hat, a woolen cap covering ears to protect from cold.
- Personal Medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc.
- Shoe lace, Slipper/Sandal
- Raincoat, Trekking poles
- Warm and windproof jacket, pullover, T- shirts (not cotton), trousers, socks (min. three pairs), gloves etc.
- Water bottle, camera, Batteries and Memory Cards.
Equipments for Mountaineering
- Harness set
- (7,8), karabiner
- Insurance (helping) rope
- Hard mattress
- High altitude sleeping bag ( – 30 o)
- Head lamp
- Coffloch (Mountaineering shoes)
- Direction compass
- Woolen socks
- Warm under garments
- Gore-tex water-proof Jacket
- Gore-tex water-proof trousers
- Water-proof gloves
- First-aid kit
- Ruck-sack (40 – 45 liters)
- Pocket knife (optional)
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper and hand sanities
- Camp towel (quick-drying)
- Books, cards and so on.
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).