Dhampus Ghandruk Circuit Trek
Dhampus Ghandruk Circuit Trek is short and easy trek along the foothill of Annapurna Himalayas with the most varied landscape and panoramic views f the Himalayas. This circuit trek is perfectly suitable for a team of family who wants to take children to the land of Himalayas to let them experience and have the best time during their short holidays of schools. On this trail you will go through several Gurung village enjoying the local Eco-friendly tea-house, lodges with best food and accommodation. And one can explore mountains, ethnic culture, lifestyle, wild flora and fauna.
This trek is suitable for all age group and also best for people with limited time but dreaming for the glimpse of snow-capped mountain peaks in the land of real Himalayas with a real Himalayan cultural experience. Throughout the trek you will pass through various villages like Dhampus, Landrung, Ghandruk which offer some of the magnificent views of Annapurna South, Himchuli, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail), Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I and other amazing panoramic views of mountains. Experiencing the local rural lifestyle of people in Annapurna you will walk your way through colorful rhododendrons forest, oak forest giving you the pleasure of most beautiful jungle walk ever.
Arrival in Kathmandu,
Sightseeing in Kathmandu,
Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara,
Drive Pokhara - Dhampus Phedi and trek to Dhampus,
Trek Dhampus - Landrung,
Trek Landrung - Ghandruk,
Trek Ghandruk - Syauli Bazzar & drive to Pokhara,
Drive OR fly Pokhara - Kathmandu,
Departure for onward journey,
Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel [1,300 m]
Full day Sightseeing: Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel [1,300 m]
Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara, about 6-7 hours by tourist bus. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel [827 m]
Drive Pokhara – Dhampus Phedi and trek to Dhampus. Overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Dhampus – Landrung, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Landrung – Ghandruk, about 4-5 hours of walk & overnight stay in lodge.
Trek Ghandruk – Syauli Bazzar & drive to Pokhara, about 3-4 hours of trek & about 2 hour by JEEP. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Drive OR fly Pokhara to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel & overnight stay in hotel.
Departure to Tribhuvan International Airport for onward journey.
- All ground transportation by Car, Van, Hi-Ace or tourist Bus & trekking pick up & drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara at tourist standard Hotel on Bed & Breakfast basis (B&B)
- 3 Major meals; [B/L/D] by Lodge menu & accommodation at best available teahouse lodge during the trek. [B = Breakfast, L = Lunch & D = Dinner]
- Professional English speaking trekking guide, necessary Sherpa & Porters.
- Guided tour in Kathmandu
- Temple and Monument fees in Kathmandu
- Insurance coverage for all support crews, their foods, accommodation and daily wages
- Per member 15 Kg. luggage allow while in the trekking.
- Trekking Permit, TIMS & National Park Entrance Fees
- Medical Kit Box for Nepali support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- Personal transportation except those mentioned in the above program.
- Airport transportation, visa fees, international and national flights, airport tax
- Major meals lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal trekking gears as well as sleeping bag which must cover over minus -15 degree Celsius.
- Bottled drinks [Hard & Soft] like Coca-Cola, Beers etc.
- All drinks except tea and coffee.
- Your personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & rerouting
- Costs incurred due to any unforeseen events.
- Personal medicines and First-Aid expenses
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road; Postage letter, Laundry service, Telephone calls and all other items of personal nature.
Equipment checklist for Teahouse/Lodge or Camping Trekking
- A kit bag (Carry luggage) in which porters can carry your belongings during the journey (Maximum 15kg/person)
- A day backpack (Rucksack 40-45 liters) for yourself Sleeping Bag ( – 15 degrees)
- Trekking Shoes type “GORE – TEX
- Water bottle, torch light with enough batteries, sunglasses, sun cream, chip stick sun hat, a woolen cap covering ears to protect from cold.
- Personal Medicines for fever, common cold, headaches etc.
- Shoe lace, Slipper/Sandal
- Raincoat, Trekking poles
- Warm and windproof jacket, pullover, T- shirts (not cotton), trousers, socks (min. three pairs), gloves etc.
- Water bottle, camera, Batteries and Memory Cards.
Equipments for Mountaineering
- Harness set
- (7,8), karabiner
- Insurance (helping) rope
- Hard mattress
- High altitude sleeping bag ( – 30 o)
- Head lamp
- Coffloch (Mountaineering shoes)
- Direction compass
- Woolen socks
- Warm under garments
- Gore-tex water-proof Jacket
- Gore-tex water-proof trousers
- Water-proof gloves
- First-aid kit
- Ruck-sack (40 – 45 liters)
- Pocket knife (optional)
- Lip balm
- Toilet paper and hand sanities
- Camp towel (quick-drying)
- Books, cards and so on.
1) Travel Insurance (Mandatory)
a) Have your travel insurance policy to cover theft, loss and medical
problems is an excellent idea for travel in Nepal. Check your
policies available carefully because some policies exclude
b) Choose a policy that covers medical and emergency repatriation,
including helicopter evacuation for trekkers and general medical
evacuation to hospital.
c) Do not forget to say your travel insurance company where you are
travelling (country) and about your activities like trekking, climbing
or expedition and their altitude too.
Note: Make copies of your Insurance policy and do not forget to
carry your travel insurance policy number with you.
2) Valid Passport and Visa
a) A valid passport and two passport size photos with a light
b) Normally, visa can be issued on your arrival at the Tribhuvan
International Airport (TIA) OR major surface entry points.
c) Make copies of your passport with including your visa pages with
you and take it with you during your expedition, trekking, tour
3) Cancellation Policy
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your
deposit minus a $150 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your
flight between Kathmandu, Pokhara and Lukla your deposit is non-
refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule
you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance
Note: After starting the tour, trekking in your destination: – No
4) Payment Method
a) Deposit should be 50% of total amount per person (to be agreed).
b) Confirmation: On receipt of deposit the Clients place on the
program will be confirmed.
c) Balance: Due no later than 60 days prior to trip departure.
Method: By bank transfer, credit card, cheques, or by cash.
d) Balance not received by the agreed date: We reserve the right to
cancel the booking and the deposit will be forfeited – unless The
Client specifies another date which The Company accepts.
1) Bank charges will be charged at cost and payment by cost
entails 4% extra.
2) Please provide us with your bank receipt, after transfer of
payment to our Account (A/c).